In previous years face serum has created a lot of buzz. But still, many women don’t know what exactly face serum is? How to apply it? What are its benefits? Earlier skin care routine was all about cleansing, toning, moisturizing, Scrubbing and face mask. But with the changing trend, many women started using serum in their beauty routine and have seen a noticeable difference in their skin. Many women book beauty care services to maintain a healthy glow on their skin. But when you incorporate a good serum in your skin care routine, it can transform the appearance of your skin.
Serum and its Application
A serum is a gel or light consistency lotion. It is formulated with the high concentration of effective ingredients. Only few drops of serum are required to cover the entire face. The serum is so light in texture that oily skin women need not apply moisturizer after it and dry skin women can apply it underneath the moisturizer. You should choose a serum when your skin looks a little dull and tired. Apply it twice a day after cleansing and toning. In case you apply sunscreen use it over the serum.
Benefits of serum
- Vitamin C is one of the most common ingredients in serums. It helps in reducing melanin production, which further help in skin lightening, skin brightening, even toned skin and removal of acne scars and blemishes.
- In serum, an ingredient knows as peptides are used which help in firming the skin. Peptides can make your skin tight and firm .So you will younger than your actual age.
- Women with oily skin know how difficult it is to apply a moisturizer when the skin feels oily and greasy. But serum is lightweight in texture and provides required hydration to the skin. So apply it without any fear of getting oily and greasy face.
- Traditional moisturizers are oily and can lead to acne and breakouts. But serum is water based lotion, so they absorb super fast and prevent breakout and acne.
- In serums, retinol is used which is the best ingredient in fighting sun damage. This ingredient can reduce pigmentation from sun damage, sun tanning, fine lines and wrinkles.